- Doctor of Philosophy, Uni. of Sydney
- Master of the Built Environment (Heritage Conservation),
Uni. of NSW (1991)
- BA (Hons in Archaeology), Uni. of Sydney (1987)
- General Editor, Australasian Society for Historical Archaeology
- Member, Editorial Board, Australasian Historical Archaeology
- Research Associate
, Prehistoric and Historical Archaeology,
Uni. of Sydney
Mary explaining a site in Parramatta, 2004
- Full member, Australian Association of Consulting Archaeologists Inc (AACAI)
- Australia ICOMOS
- Australasian Society for Historical Archaeology
- Mary has been a heritage consultant since 1989.
She has undertaken numerous assessments and analysis
of archaeological site potential, extensive field survey projects
and the archaeological component of five heritage studies.
Mary has expertise in historic surveys of large scale
including the former ADI Site, St Marys; Menangle Park;
Rouse Hill Infrastructure;
and Mt Victoria to Lithgow road upgrade.
- Mary has directed and co-directed many archaeological
excavations and monitoring programs,
notably the Conservatorium of Music Site;
710-722 George Street, Haymarket;
Parramatta Children's Court Site;
George & Charles Streets, Parramatta;
Parramatta Justice Precinct;
Darling Quarter, Darling Harbour
and Barangaroo Stage 1.
- Mary is a member of Australia ICOMOS,
a former national committee member of the
Australasian Society for Historical Archaeology (ASHA)
and was guest editor of their 1999 journal
and was recently appointed General Editor of the journal.
She is a full member of the Australian Association of Consulting Archaeologists (AACAI)
and was vice-chair of the NSW State Executive Committee
(1993-1996) and Treasurer (1997-1999).
- Trustee of Camperdown Cemetery (1991-1996).
- Mary co-curated the exhibition
Breaking the Shackles: Historic Lives in Parramatta's Archaeological Landscape
with the Parramatta Heritage Centre,
Sept-Nov 2009. Casey & Lowe were a project partner.
- Mary was appointed in May 2007 to the Archaeological Advisory Panel
of the Heritage Council of NSW.
- Mary was appointed as an honorary Research Associate,
Department of Prehistoric and Historical Archaeology,
School of Philosophical and Historical Inquiry,
University of Sydney in 2004.
- Mary was General Editor of
Australasian Historical Archaeology from 2002 to 2009.
- Mary completed a PhD in March 2002.
Her thesis incorporated the results of the archaeological project
undertaken at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music during 1998-2001.
She was awarded her PhD in May 2003.
- In 1995 Mary co-convened an international conference,
the 3rd Australian Women in Archaeology Conference,
and was an editor of its proceedings which were published in 1998.
- Mary guest edited volume 17 of Australasian Historical Archaeology (1999).
Mary Casey - Publications & Thesis
Mary Casey - Conference Papers